Re: "purity" package

Hi,
>>"John" == John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

John> I am rather concerned about this package.  I don't really think
John> that it has a place in an operating system distribution,
John> especially one that is supposed to be professional.

	I understand your concerns, but I am even more concerned about
 the project making value judgements on packages (some people may
 argue against doom/quake/games being included in serious OS
 distributions ;-).

John> It can also put CD vendors in an awkward position -- they may
John> not want to distribute things like that, but since' it's in
John> main, it is on our official CD.  Also it may put some CD vendors
John> in a questionable legal position.

John> I think it should be pulled, or at least some of the quizzes
John> should be pulled.

	I think I like what fortune does .. it asks me if I want to
 yank objectionable parts of the fortune database, so the installer
 can optionally opt out of embarrasing situations.

	Would that be acceptable?

	manoj

--
 Till then we shall be content to admit openly, what you
 (religionists) whisper under your breath or hide in technical jargon,