Re: "purity" package

  How you have felt at hearing that Debian is distributing porno, I cannot
tell, but I know that I was particularly displeased while reading the
posts. How can anyone package such material? They certainly appeared
most shameless in uploading them. And to examine for myself, I visited
ftp.debian.org and downloaded the Bible.

    I do indeed admit that I was traumatized. This bible-kjv package should
also have been detected and pulled of the distribution long time ago. As I was
saying, I could hardly believe what I was reading: the story of Lot in the
cave praising incestuous rape, Genesis 19:30-38.

  This morally condemnatory story is a misuse of the function of the
genitals; and therefore, the Bible should definetly not be distributed.

Bruce wrote:
>..
> HEY, GUYS, I DIDN'T GET INTO THE DEBIAN PROJECT SO THAT MY SOFTWARE
> COULD BE USED TO ASK PEOPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT THEIR HAVING SEX WITH ANIMALS!
>
> I'll help you fight censorship all you want, as long as you don't want
> to force SPI to be the publisher. I'm not sure this belongs on master at
> all.

 I am glad to hear you say so.

 Packages like "bible-jkv", "purity", and "wordNet" should not be
distributed, for we do not wish to give the appearance of being neurotically
fearful and incapable of reasonable discourse.  ;-)

P.S.  WordNet is on the list because it packages the English dictionary of
synonym sets. During installation the system administrator does not have
the opportunity to get rid of certain words that conveys feelings of "sick"
and "gross". You ought to see how exquisitely it renders these words
and therefore, I believe, wordNet willfully prevents people to enjoy the
wholesomeness of their morality. Animals!

--

Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida