Re: Adult section?

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I think there is some disagreement regarding the "goals of the
> project" among the developers. My opinion was always that Debian
> should include as large a selection of software as possible. Maybe we
> should have an "adult" section so that some sites (such as ours) can
> simply not mirror that directory? Then also CD-Rom vendors concerns
> about the product can be addressed.

sounds like an excellent idea.

let's have:

    doc                 -- technical documentation

    doc-non-technical   -- bible, koran, books on magick, etc and other
                           non-tech etexts

    doc-adult           -- anything which might be considered to be 'adult'
                           oriented (an offensive concept in itself,
                           but the world is full of people who believe
                           that you can somehow protect children from
                           exploitation by keeping them ignorant)

'doc' should definitely go in main/. the other two could go in contrib.
doc-adult should be excluded from the CD...if anyone wants it they can
go to the trouble of ftp-ing it. if space on the CD becomes an issue
then doc-non-technical can be excluded from the CD too.

alternatively, rename 'doc-non-technical' to 'etexts'. and 'doc-adult'
to 'etexts-adult'

craig