Re: "purity" package

On 30 Nov 1997 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> Sven, instead of a me-too, would you explain clearly to me why it is
> necessary for Debian to carry material about inserting a live small
> animal up your anus?

you exaggerate. from my memory(*) of the "purity tests", it doesn't
promote or condone *anything*. it is just a set of questions.

since when has a question about something been equivalent to the
promotion of that something?

Q. have you ever eaten cabbage?
A. get back, foul spawn of darkness and take your vile vegetable cult with you!

craig

(*) haven't looked at it for years. i saw it once or twice long ago.
boring and tacky, imo. but that's no reason to ban it. censorship is far
more offensive than any material it attempts to censor.