Request for Help with Smartlist custom configuration

Hello,

	In an attempt to divert our pattern of malicious list
subscriptions, I'd like some assistance modifying a Smartlist regular
expression which I've been unable to master myself.

In /var/list/.etc/rc.request, there are four regexps which decide what
kind of request a given message is.  I would like to tune the lists to
handle a message containing "0subscribe" (optional: at the beginning of a
line) as an unsubscribe request instead of a subscribe request.

I believe the expressions are written for procmail, but I'm not sure.

Here's the affected snippet from the file; you'll notice some remnants of
my failed attempt to modify it as ((0sub.*)?\:

#
# Is it an unsubscription request?
#

  :0 EHB
  * ^^(.+$)*Subject:[    ]*([(<]none[>)])?(\
     ($(.+$)*(^[         ]*)+((.+|$)+[,.:;]([    ]+|$)+)?)?\
      (Could you )?(please )?\
      (sign( [^ ]+ |-)?off|cancel|leave|delete|remove|(un|de)sub)\>|\
     ($(.+$)*$(.*$)*)?(.*[^a-z])?\
      ((0sub.*)?\
      (un)(sub?)?s(cr|c|r)i|\
      (leave|(delete|remove) .* from|(sign|take) .* off) .*
[a-z-]*list\>))
   {
     cc_unsubrequests="${cc_unsubrequests:+$maintainer}"

     :0 w:dist.lock
     * $!${auto_unsubscribe:+!}
     | unsubscribe | $SENDMAIL $sendmailOPT `cat tmp.from`
${cc_unsubrequests}

     cc_unsubrequests
   }

Thanks for any and all help.  Whoever it is seems to be hopping between
different mailservers which

1) relay      and
2) aren't capable of ident-style logging.

VMS machines have been popular, but not the only point of entry.  Whoever
it is subscribes a user to 27 debian lists in a total of one or two
minutes!  Since most people don't subscribe to debian-user,
debian-user-digest, AND debian-consultants, I'm inclined to think that
it's been forged every time (especially when it's the same 27 lists!!!)

TIA,

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr.                   Client Services Analyst
Computer & Communication Services       tel: (717) 524-1590