Bruce's resignation radical? Fwd: Re: Project leader's final word on the "purity" issue

Dear fellow developers and Bruce.

Firstly this isn't intended to be a harsh message to you Bruce, I have the
utmost respect for you.

I feel that you've jumped the gun once again Bruce.  I can remember the
last time you resigned as leader only to sit down, have a beer and
reconsider your actions to be badly decided.  I ask once again that you
reconsider your descision to resign and give you a reminder below of what
you said not 24 hours ago to this list.

It seems to me you've resigned because of pressure over one issue.  You've
tried to do this before, please don't do it again.  You'll end up
regretting it.

>Date: 1 Dec 1997 07:12:56 -0000
>From: bruce@va.debian.org
>To: beh@icemark.ch, bruce@va.debian.org
>Subject: Re: Project leader's final word on the "purity" issue
>Cc: cas@taz.net.au, debian-private@lists.debian.org, sgk@kleinmann.com
>
>From: Benedikt Eric Heinen <beh@icemark.ch>
>> Debian is FREE. *You* are always stating that it is free and "in the
>> public interest", so how come, that *you* decide what's good for the
>> public and not good for the public?
>
>It's my job as leader. And if you don't like it, that's too damn bad,
>because I'm going to be around for another year.
>
>	Bruce
>

>--

         This message is Copyright (C) 1997 by Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd   Tel: +61 8 9456 0000     karl@tower.net.au
t/a STAR Online Services   Fax: +61 8 9455 2776     ICQ UIN: 2287428