Withdrawing (temporarily) from the debian project

People,

in the wake of the recent events, I'm withdrawing temporarily from
the Debian project.
I've unsubscribed from all the debian lists except from
debian-private and debian-devel (though I might unsubscribe from
debian-devel if the traffic is too high or too annoying (read
flamewars)). I'll try to keep a low-profile, read-only behavior on
these (I won't post anything unless I see something really
disturbing, like debian going non-DFSG, but this is not likely to
happen, hopefully).

Well, the reasons are:
	o Continuous flaming on the lists.
	o Recent things wrt the leadership role.
	o Not having fun anymore.

I think some the reasons for all the problems we're having is that:
	o We have too many packages, most of them unmaintained.
	o We are too many developpers.

Within beginning of January, I'll take a definitive decision on
wether or not continuing volunteering for the project. What will
happen on debian-private in the meantime will be taken into
consideration, as well as Ian's new leadership (sincerely, good
luck). Bruce, thank you for your work.
You can still reach me at phil@fifi.org. I'll fix security or
important bugs on my packages if needed.

I maintain the following packages, feel free to make non-maintainer
releases.
	Good shape, ported to libc6:
		cbb
		diald
		libhdf0
		libpng0
		xv
		xwave
	Ported to libc6, problems
		tix41 (needs a recompile againgst tcl/tk 8.0p2)
	Still libc5:
		imagemagick (compiles ok on libc6, but new version available)
		perlmagick (depends on imagemagick)
		tclx76
	Orphaned, libc5:
		tix40   \
		tclx74   |-> not needed if we drop tcl74 and tcl75
		tclx75  /        (which are orphaned too)

Additionally, I maintain "Work Needing and Prospective Packages" (aka
WNPP), which is a lot of work. I must say I've been pissed off with
this. 90% of the developpers don't give a sh** about it (some
maintain their own private lists, some never report when they're
taking a package), and it's really a lot of hassle to track things in
all the mailing lists.

Try to have fun.
See you in one month :-)

Phil.