Re: "purity" package

Phil, please stop taking things out of their proper context. John did
accept other views and did not push anything on you. I did not see
anything particularly "Christian" in his post.

The problem with adult material is that it is illegal to distribute. We
have made provision for cryptographic stuff because of legal reasons. Why
is it not possible to do that for adult stuff? We will face severe
consequences if it becomes widely known that Debian CDs or Mirrors
contain explicitly adult material. You can certainly say good bye to
support for Debian from public and private schools.

Everything is religious and so religion cannot be anathema. Your
metaphysical commitments will show somewhere even if you are in denial
that you make such commitments at all. Metaphysical (and therefore I
would say religious) commitments are necessary in order to be able to
reason at all. Nietsche already knew that in the 19th century ....