Re: "purity" package

Hi,
>>"Christoph" == Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org> writes:

Christoph> The problem with adult material is that it is illegal to
Christoph> distribute. We have made provision for cryptographic stuff
Christoph> because of legal reasons. Why is it not possible to do that
Christoph> for adult stuff? We will face severe consequences if it
Christoph> becomes widely known that Debian CDs or Mirrors contain
Christoph> explicitly adult material. You can certainly say good bye
Christoph> to support for Debian from public and private schools.

	Are you sure? Or is it just an expression of your bias? Are
 you sure there are actual laws that would prohibit the purity tests
 and not also cat sex.6 and the source code comments and the bible?
 What do the laws target? (talk of incest, maybe?)

	I have seen the purity package on major ftp sites, and noone
 seems to have gone ravening after the site admins. How does making a
 Debian package suddenly change that?

	Morever, we have not dumped the cryptographic stuff. It is
 still a part of the distribution, uncensored and all.

Christoph> Everything is religious and so religion cannot be
Christoph> anathema.

	Huh? (How is the value of PI religious?)

Christoph> Your metaphysical commitments will show somewhere
Christoph> even if you are in denial that you make such commitments at
Christoph> all.

	Oh, so you don't think athiesm is possible at all?

Christoph> Metaphysical (and therefore I would say religious)
Christoph> commitments are necessary in order to be able to reason at
Christoph> all.

	I do not agree. (Unless you say that dismissing metaphysical
 commitments as sheer bunk is a metaphysical commitment in itself, in
 which case the information content of that statement drops to nil)

Christoph> Nietsche already knew that in the 19th century ....

	Oh, *such* a valid source. Do you embrace nihilism too?

	manoj
--
 The act of destruction is the only true creative act. Nietsche