Re: va.debian.org off the net for a little while

> We change the IP for va.debian.org, but I can't get a route to it from
> here. The new IP should be 209.81.8.242 . Sam is looking at the problem.
>
> They are aware that we are considering the system for www.debian.org, and
> say they will set up an X-10 controller to power-clear the system and a
> serial console on another computer. That will let us reboot it remotely.

Great timing. Mirroring just finished this afternoon. It looks like it took
around 5 hours (or less) to mirror both the ftp archive and entire web dir
(not just the web pages themselves) from scratch. This was using rsync. I
highly recommend using this method over mirror, when you aren't using anon
ftp, as it can use ssh.

I will set up anon ftp this evening. Joey has suggested I not allow anon
ftp of the ftp archive from this machine. I don't see why not. Anybody
have opinions on this?

- Jay