Adult section? No - but a new section... (was: Re: "purity" package)

> well, offensive or not: it surely is upon everyone to take his
> personal opinion.  no doubt about that.
>
> anyhow, whether you are fond of the bible or not, you probably admit
> that the book has always been quite an important thoughout human's
> history (i don't discuss now whether it inspired good or bad things).
> it seems to belong among important cultural heritage, and enters into
> a sort of general education for people's history,

Before you read you read any further, know this:  I am a believing
atheist, and to me the kjv is a lot more offensive, than any sexually
explicit jokes, because the bible was "forced on me" during my education,
sexually explicit jokes weren't pushed into me, when I didn't like them.
There have been lots of really bad things, that happened in the name of
the Bible (Crusades, Inquisition), but it hasn't completely stopped yet.
In the name of the Bible, there is still all sorts of nonsense going on on
the world. If you need examples for these, I will gladly provide them on
request, as I won't like to see a discussion on these matters here...

Well, saying the bible is important, is that all that it takes, to keep it
in the distribution? Well, 'sex' also always was important topic to
mankind, none of us would be alive without sex.

OK, the comparison is a little strange, but - if you allow the bible in,
then you probably allow comments on the bible in, but purity is just
nothing more than comments on another very important topic.

As for the legal background, I am not necessarily fighting for keeping
purity in the distribution. I'll support creating a new section for stuff
like purity, a section separated from the rest of the distribution, but
don't call it adult, because it should not just carry purity plus the
offensive set of fortune cookies, but also religious material. Anything
that can potentially be offensive against anyone's prudish nature or
religious education...

So, please, go on and install a new section and think of a good name for
it (with my English knowledge I couldn't come up with a name, but "adult"
just seems inappropriate if religious stuff goes in there, too).

  Benedikt

P.S: Once the offensive cookies get moved out, please make sure, that the
offensive cookies stay in place when upgrading to a new version, that does
no longer contain those cookies... ;)

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.