Re: Adult section? No - but a new section... (was: Re: "purity" package)

Benedikt Eric Heinen wrote:

> Before you read you read any further, know this:  I am a believing
> atheist, and to me the kjv is a lot more offensive, than any sexually

I think of myself as a "Zen Christian"  It's a lable that confuses most
extremes. :)  I like my philosophy in a large smelly room filled with
"bound dead tree pulp."  Electronically, it's hard to ponder all the
point of the participants.  Could we keep it down to a minimum here?

> Well, saying the bible is important, is that all that it takes, to
> keep it
> in the distribution? Well, 'sex' also always was important topic to
> mankind, none of us would be alive without sex.

Wouldn't the core issue be what kinds of information do we want to
distribute in Debian?  Then, how do we distribute it?

I'm not a lawyer.  If someone can point to real laws in real countries,
maybe we should look to build an exception _system_ and encorporate the
requirements of US encryption laws, also.

> So, please, go on and install a new section and think of a good name
> for
> it (with my English knowledge I couldn't come up with a name, but
> "adult"
> just seems inappropriate if religious stuff goes in there, too).

Great suggestion (subjective opinion).  How about "philosophy" or "alt"
as new sections?  Maybe "literature" also.  "alt" meaning it's not
needed or historically part of a Unix distribution.

This seems to be the most constructive line of reasoning.  This was just
the latest incarnation of this suggestion.

L8r -- Greg.
--
What do you want to spend today?
Debian GNU/Linux  (Free for an UNLIMITED time)