Re: "purity" package

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> Hmm. Another one who has to demonize his opponent to kill fruitful debate
> of the real issue?

You have such an interesting way of re-interpreting what others say to fit
your pre-conceved notions.

> > Christoph> Metaphysical (and therefore I would say religious)
> > Christoph> commitments are necessary in order to be able to reason at
> > Christoph> all.
> >
> > 	I do not agree. (Unless you say that dismissing metaphysical
> >  commitments as sheer bunk is a metaphysical commitment in itself, in
> >  which case the information content of that statement drops to nil)
>
> Disagree all you want. This is an established in literature about
> reasoning and understanding (epistemology). Read Wittgenstein, Austin or
> modern neuroscientists. Maybe you at least know Thomas Kuhn's "Scientific
> Revolutions"?

Yet another interesting interpretation. My only question to you is, "What
the 72-69-76-76 does any of this have to do with Debian?"

> > Christoph> Nietsche already knew that in the 19th century ....
> >
> > 	Oh, *such* a valid source. Do you embrace nihilism too?
>
> What kind of reasoning is that?

You see "reasoning", I saw a question. One that you failed to answer.

Nietsche is a recognized thinker who saw
> issues clearly that only became clear to many of us in this century.
>
> But assuming that when I say that Nietsche was right on one issue I accept
> everything he said is rather naive.
>
> This kind of primitive black and white thinking that I have seen
> repeatedly is very destructive for real discussions on the debian mailing
> lists. Something really frustrating about the Project lately.

It is the fact that you wish to grey everything into incomprehenable slop
that makes having any fruitful discussions with you nearly impossible. I
find that as frustrating as anything else about the Project.

Waiting is,

Dwarf