Re: SPI money out

bruce@va.debian.org writes:

> I think we should consider that Debian clothing is advertising, too, and
> thus a 10 x markup is not necessary. Perhaps 2 x?

hmmm, but someone of us must organize the whole thing. The income for
SPI should be worth the effort, i.e. each hour used for this task
should bring 100 $ to SPI ...

Perhaps we can minimize the risk by offering the clothing for a lower
price to Debian developers. The base production costs can be covered
through the developers and then it's easier to calculate the costs for
the external sponsors.

Perhaps we can coordinate the effort with the CD manufacturers. We at
JFL have thought about a polo shirt. But the project was dropped
because it was to expensive to produce a small amount.

On the other hand, we let other people do the CDs why not doing the
same with T-Shirts - why don't we search a clothing manufacturer to
produce nice T-Shirts for us!? I suppose that they can do the same
great job as the CD manufactures do.

Do anyone know a clothing manufacturer?

Bye
  Christian