Re: Let's go!!! Debian 2.0 will be _top_ quality

"Eloy A. Paris" <eparis@ven.ra.rockwell.com> writes:

> So, why I am telling you about all this? Well, because I think we are
> doing an excellent and outstanding job with Hamm. It may be taking
> longer than expected but we are doing it right. RedHat on the other
> hand, rushed the release of their new distribution probably because of
> market pressures but they released a buggy product. I already have had
> requests from RedHat users that want a working ncpfs package. Of
> course I told them: use Debian :-)

:)

I use Red Hat on my SS20 at work, so I'm subscribed to their mailing
lists. Recently, on the "devel" list, people have been complaing about:

   1. utmp problems with their libc5
   2. Binaries in their libc5 source package
   3. Old libc5 (5.3.x)
   4. The lack of ability to compile programs against libc5 with RedHat 5.0

It's starting to look like RedHat is going to be the distribution that
gets things done quickly and we're going to be the one that gets
things done right.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu