Re: Logo license

Will Lowe <harpo@udel.edu> writes:

> Certainly.  We want the logo to be associated with what _we_ produce (and
> its verbatim copies),  not with some derivation someone else has produced
> that may or may not be in any way useable or related to the project.

are we!?

bruce@va.debian.org writes:

> For example, would it make sense to say you have to have the Official
> CDs in a product to carry the logo on that product? Considering the low
> quality of some CDs (the last Infomagic effort comes to mind, alas)
> I think that might make sense.

I like the so far used "Official CD" approach much more.

We should use the Debian logo on *every* Debian related thing without
any restriction. We should then make a Official CD logo for our
official CD-Images. There is room for official documentation logo and
so on, too.

It should be possible to use the Debian logo on a product that use
Debian as a base. If not we are not encouraging people to use Debian
as a base.

I want to make our logo as much visible as possible!

Yours
    Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany