Association for Competitive Technology
1. The Association for Competitive Technology (ACT) is a Microsoft lobbying arm. This is probably the most comprehensive post which looks at the genesis of ACT, its stated intentions, and connections to Microsoft.
2. After the EU verdict on Intel in 2009, Zuck from ACT did not miss the opportunity to daemonise the Commission and its decision, which addressed offenses similar to Microsoft's. This post also shows the work of Oracle exposing what ACT really was, just about a decade ago.
3. In 2008 we learned about ATL, which seems like a previous incarnation of ACT, as judged by obvious criteria and staff.
5. At the beginning of 2009, ACT was pretending to deserve a role in a panel about Free/open source software, where it essentially derailed the publication of sensible conclusions and inserted detrimental terms. Here is where it ended eventually, with a disclosure. A formal complaint was subsequently filed too.
6. ACT persistently pushes for software patents, especially in Europe. Here is one example from 2009. A 2008 observation served as an example of ACT hijacking the voice of small businesses to advance Microsoft's line. Here is another example with some context and yet another one among many (and another, more on patents and yet another example of ACT lobbying for software patents in Europe).
10. In 2009, ACT published an attack on FOSS where it used the old Microsoft-bred myths and discouraged FOSS adoption.
11. The fight to keep media closed in Europe, courtesy of ACT's Zuck.
15. In 2013 ACT was re-incarnated as ACT4APPS.
 Additional References
- Microsoft Lobbyist Jonathan Zuck Infiltrates EU Summit on Intellectual Monopolies
- Quick Mention: Zuck and the Gang Still Manipulate Politicians
- Microsoft Lobbyists Are Again Hijacking Voices, Fighting for Software Patents
- Scum of the Day: Association for ‘Competitive’ Technology (ACT)
- Microsoft Lobbyists Abound for Software Patents in Europe
- Software Patents Hinged on Money and Political Influence
- Microsoft Shills Index: Under Construction
- Jonathan Zuck and ACT: What is It Anyway?
- Microsoft Lobbyist Jonathan Zuck Gets Exposed and Quickly Retreats
- Microsoft Still Lobbies for Software Patents in Europe, via ACT/Jonathan Zuck
- Microsoft Lobbies Come Under Fire by the Open Source Initiative (OSI) and Linux Journal
- Microsoft and Its Front Group, Association for Competitive Technology (ACT), Organise Software Patents Lobby Events in Europe
- Microsoft-Funded Fake ‘SMB’ Group (ACT) Still Lobbies for Software Patents in Europe
- Microsoft's Undercover Lobbyists for Software Patents in Europe
- Microsoft's Notorious 'Letters From Dead People' Lobbyist Makes a Fool Out of Himself on YouTube
- Microsoft Front Group Association for Competitive Technology is Still Deceiving US Government Regarding Patents
- Microsoft AstroTurfer Jonathan Zuck (ACT) Falsely Represents Small European Businesses, Other RAND Pushers Named
- Microsoft Lobbyist Jonathan Zuck Shows Up in IGF
- Full Lobbyists Lineup From Association for Competitive Technology
- Attack of the Microsoft Lobbyists (ACT), Talking to House Judiciary Committee Panel About Google
- Microsoft Front Groups BSA and ACT Try to Give Google More Legal Problems
- Microsoft Lobbyists Are Still Duping EU Politicians for Software Patents to be Legalised
- Microsoft Throws More Lobbyists Into the Ring to Ban Linux Phones