Companies That Lost GNU/Linux Focus After Microsoft Deals
Companies that signed collaborative deals with Microsoft -- including submissive patent deals -- eventually lost their focus on GNU/Linux and thus effectively neutralised. We have given example of this in the following posts.
- Novell Creates OpenSUSE Team But Decreases OpenSUSE Support
- Simon Phipps: “Linux is No Longer Important Enough to Justify a Business Unit at Novell”
- Microsoft Influence in Novell’s Management Increases, More .NET Focus
- Novell Sets Focus on .NET
- Reminder: Novell and Xandros Are Not Open Source Companies
- Novell and Xandros Are Promoting Windows, Again
- Is Linux Focus Being Lost at Novell?
- Microsoft Acquires Novell(’s Direction)
- Novell Selfishly Uses Mono as ‘Protection’-based Advantage
- Got Mono? Buy Some Peace of Mind™ (SLED) (Novell's new product is patents)
- Xandros Shows Death by Microsoft
- Xandros: “We Are Kind of Getting Away from Being a Linux Company”
- Xandros Thinks Linspire Customers Use Microsoft Windows
- Xandros/Presto is Windows-Only, Xandros is Still Linux Shy
- Xandros to Visit Microsoft Show, Samsung’s Ballnux Phones Fail
- Linspire Sells Us Linux FUD, Not GNU/Linux
- Companies That Facilitate Microsoft’s Linux Extortion Still Close Partners of Microsoft (LG for Microsoft)
- Microsoft Dumping in SXSW, Barnardos, and Samsung (Samsung for Microsoft)
- Companies That Facilitate Microsoft’s Linux Extortion Still Close Partners of Microsoft
- Novell — Like Corel — Becomes a Microsoft Vassal, Promotes XAML-based Desktop
- Corel, Like Novell, is Microsoft’s Friend, Not Its Competitor
- Microsoft Executives Penetrate Corel, Yahoo; Is Novell Next?
- Corel’s Days Seem Numbered After Selling Out to Microsoft, Just Like Novell
- Corel: Whose side is it on anyway?
- ASUS: “Currently, We’re Closely Tied up With Microsoft”
- What is Going on with ASUS and GNU/Linux?
- ASUS Enters the Slog Business
- More Suspicious Moves from ASUS
- ASUS Profits Fall 94% After Getting “Closely Tied Up with Microsoft” at the Expense of GNU/Linux
- It’s Unofficial: Microsoft Pays ASUS (Kickbacks) to Block GNU/Linux. Will EU Commission Step in?
- Russia’s Antimonopoly Service Targets ASUS, Toshiba, H-P, Samsung and Dell for Potentially Colluding with Microsoft
- Companies That Signed Anti-Linux Patent and FUD Deals with Microsoft Also Violate the GPL
- Do Patent Deals with Microsoft Knock GNU/Linux Vendors Out of GNU/Linux Business?
"Apparently Epic Games (UT3 for Linux missing, apparently after deeper Xbox involvement)," adds MinceR. See this for details.
Also learn what Microsoft did to OLPC.