Martin Goetz is said to be the first man to be granted a patent on an algorithm. This seems to be his sole achievement. He is, at present, a front-line proponent of software patents. He was mentioned in the following posts.
- “Obama Administration Funds the Tobacco Patent Lobby” and Goetz’s Pro-Software Patents Piece Vanishes, Reappears, Debunked
- The Man Who Brought Software Patents to the US “Nicely Demonstrates Why We Shouldn’t Allow *Hardware* Patents Either”
- Klinkert Zindel Partner is Promoting Software Patents in Europe
- Shocker: Man With First Software Patent Defends Software Patents
- Patent Lawyers Push for Software Patents, Poorly