Summary: Gates-backed GMO Goliath deserves more exposure, but not necessarily the exposure it wants
TWO readers have just separately informed us of this new Slashdot post which points to this paper about Monsanto’s genetically-modified corn. It’s a real killer.
As Monsanto has a long history of attacking its critics (not just poor farmers) and getting them out of their job if they report Monsanto briberies and collusion, the scientists behind the above paper ought to beware. Calls to high places such as Downing Street have been made before, but a lot of people lack access to the information about it. As Dr. Glyn Moody points out, Monsanto is in many ways worse than Microsoft and its racketeering operation too relies on controversial patents and threats.
“As Monsanto has a long history of attacking its critics (not just poor farmers) and getting them out of their job if they report Monsanto briberies and collusion, the scientists behind the above paper ought to beware.”One video exposing the crimes of Monsanto will be posted per day over the the coming week. This actually began this morning, just before the Slashdot post appeared.
After watching 8 of these videos today (duration is about 2 hours) I am utterly disgusted by what this company is doing and I hope to share what I have seen. I am surprised that they are still out there and not in prison and I am determined to spend a lot of time continuing to write about what they do (it’s immensely important not just to myself). They seem to have more moles than Microsoft has in the United States government (“revolving doors” in key positions), including Dan Glickman, who is notorious for his current role in the MAFIAA.
Boycott Novell will be less active in days to come as I am looking at vacancies involving post-doctoral research (my Ph.D. thesis received the OK). The daily links and videos will continue to come at the usual pace.
The relevance of Monsanto to this Web site can easily be justified because one of Monsanto’s biggest cheerleaders (and big investors) is Bill Gates. He is investing in their patents and thus he invests in monopolisation of the world’s seeds (and thus the food supply). References to previous posts on the subject are added below. If someone is willing to help the gathering of information, please pop into the IRC channel where we work together as a group and come up with insights, facts, and interpretation of these. █
- With Microsoft Monopoly in Check, Bill Gates Proceeds to Creating More Monopolies
- Gates-Backed Company Accused of Monopoly Abuse and Investigated
- How the Gates Foundation Privatises Africa
- Reader’s Article: The Gates Foundation and Genetically-Modified Foods
- Monsanto: The Microsoft of Food
- Seeds of Doubt in Bill Gates Investments
- Gates Foundation Accused of Faking/Fabricating Data to Advance Political Goals
- More Dubious Practices from the Gates Foundation
- Video Transcript of Vandana Shiva on Insane Patents
- Explanation of What Bill Gates’ Patent Investments Do to Developing World
- Black Friday Film: What the Bill Gates-Backed Monsanto Does to Animals, Farmers, Food, and Patent Systems
- Gates Foundation Looking to Destroy Kenya with Intellectual Monopolies
- Young Napoleon Comes to Africa and Told Off
- Bill Gates Takes His GMO Patent Investments/Experiments to India
- Gates/Microsoft Tax Dodge and Agriculture Monopoly Revisited
- Beyond the ‘Public Relations’
- UK Intellectual Monopoly Office (UK-IPO) May be Breaking the Law
- “Boycott Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in China”
- The Gates Foundation Extends Control Over Communication with Oxfam Relationship