Summary: The EPO has known for a while that is was not in compliance with regulations, but as usual — flaunting immunity and impunity — nothing happened
THE ABOVE, along with this detailed DGMR presentation
[PDF] (for the uninitiated, here is DGMR’s homepage) got leaked to us recently. On the face of it, there’s nothing ‘explosive’ here, but actually there is.
“Why should the EPO be entitled to immunity from Dutch law (see the latest in [1-9] below) when the lives of so many people are at risk?”What we have here are serious fire safety issues and ones that the EPO had attempted to sweep under the rug until it became abundantly clear that staff got informed. The leaks include some evidence that the EPO’s management cannot turn a blind eye to; it can only hope that the media remains blind to it.
The building in which thousands are working is a disaster not just because depressed staff chooses to commit suicide in it. It does not comply/conform with basic standards (strictly enforced in the UK, for example). It helps highlight human rights aspects (e.g. disregard for staff’s safety) and we are not aware of Dutch media coverage about it. We advise Dutch-speaking readers of ours to contact sympathetic politicians and Dutch journalists and help them become familiar with the material. Why should the EPO be entitled to immunity from Dutch law (see the latest in [1-9] below) when the lives of so many people are at risk? █
- Battistelli is an Autocrat Above the Law and It’s OK, Holland’s High Council Says
- EPO Abuses Now Make the Netherlands Look Like a Facilitator of Human/Labour Rights Abuses
- Media Blasts EPO Over Immunity Amid Suicides, Battistelli’s Behaviour Compared to Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s
- Leaked: Team Battistelli, Exploiting a Controversial Decision From the Netherlands, is Trying to Squash SUEPO
- The EPO’s Freedom to Disregard the Law and Abuse Employees is “Being Taken up by the Council of Europe”
- The Netherlands With Its Bizarre Decision to Let the EPO Violate Dutch Law, Now in English
- “Team Battistelli Continues With Intimidation Tactics”
- The European Patent Office Officially Dishonours Justice, So It’s Time for SUEPO to Become Clandestine
- Culture of Terror at The European Patent Office Escalates Thanks to Dutch Government’s Complicity