Re: mirror update (fwd)

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Matthew Bailey wrote:

> Mirrored private (primer.i-connect.net:private -> /ftp/private)  @ Wed Apr 17 13:15:28 EDT 1996
> Got project/Incoming/watch-1.0-4.tar.gz 6752
> Got project/Incoming/watch-1.0-4.deb 3900
> Got project/Incoming/watch-1.0-4.changes 762
> Got project/Incoming/p10cfgd-1.0-2.tar.gz 6440
> Got project/Incoming/p10cfgd-1.0-2.deb 6031
> Got project/Incoming/p10cfgd-1.0-2.changes 776
> Failed to get project/Incoming/libc5-5.2.18-5.tar.gz: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for project/Incoming/libc5-5.2.18-5.tar.gz (2010704 bytes).
> Failed to get project/Incoming/libc5-5.2.18-5.deb: 426 Data connection: Illegal seek.
> Failed to get project/Incoming/libc5-5.2.18-5.changes: 200 PORT command successful.
> Failed to get project/Incoming/xarchie-2.0.10-5.tar.gz: 425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused.
[..]

This type of problem seems to occur when connecting an ftp archive that
is running Debian Linux sorry to say.  I have been trying mirrors against
some of the other debian mirror sites and storing files on my personal
machine with the same errors.  I am currently trying this with Michael's
machine at miami.edu and getting the same failures.  Michael, there may
end up being some hung processes from me because of this.  Sorry about
that..:(  Is there anyone else that has a current mirror that is not
running Debian as their OS for the ftp server?  If possible I would like
to try a couple of attempts against your site to see if the problems
persist.  The failures seems to be happening after a certain amount has
been transfered.

I don't know if Matt came up with anything last night but I know I'm stumped.

BTW.. The machine that Matt is running from is running one OS and the
machine that I am running from is running a different OS complete.  I'm
on FreeBSD at the moment for personal reasons.

Thanks
David

David Brinks - Assist Sys Admin.   brinks@cps.cmich.edu
422 Pearce Hall                    Mail maintainer of:  archive, ftpadmin
Computer Science Department           www, and sometimes other accounts
Central Michigan University           used for admin purposes.
---All opinions, and possibly some of the facts, are strictly of my own.----