Re: A rather radical beta-test announcement for you to consider

IMHO, That looks pretty cool. At first glance you'll probably take
some flack for trying to become the One True Release -- but the later
parts of the writeup defuse that rather nicely. Maybe it would help to
put a brief note at the top repeating the statement "The BASE is not
intended to obsolete Linux distributions ..." and referring to the
later explanation, to catch the people who will start flaming before
they finish the first paragraph :-)

It also makes public our interest in cooperation, and what we think
our strengths are, which is takes it out of the realm of "debian lore"
which is good.

							_Mark_