Re: A rather radical beta-test announcement for you to consider

It is clear that the contents have been driven by recent developments with
FSF, but I have no problems with anything said in that regard (you are a
lot better than I at non-damaging statements)
The one thing that I would differ with is the new name. Don't get me
wrong, I think the name is ok, except that it drops Debian from the name
(with the exception of the parenthetical remark).
I came to Debian several years after my first moves into Linux. Two things
drew me here. The original Debian Manifesto declared a commitment to
technical excellence (one which I feel has been accomplished much better
than other distributions). In later years, when looking for a Linux that
worked better than SLS or Slackware, I remembered those statements and
went looking. If the name had changed in that interim period I probably
wouldn't have found my way here.
Debian has a deserved reputation for being a quality product. Although it
has an, in my mind undeserved, reputation for taking too long, it is my
feeling that doing it right always takes longer, but always pays off in
the long run.
Please keep Debian (Deb-Ian) in the name. I have no preferences between
"Debian Linux Base 1.1" or "Linux Debian Base 1.1" or any other form, as
long as Debian is still part of the name.

Luck,

Dwarf