Re: A rather radical beta-test announcement for you to consider

> The LINUX BASE SYSTEM is a free-software Linux system intended to provide
> the base upon which all Linux distributions are built. It is entirely free

Like a few others, I think the new name sounds a bit presumptuous and
would prefer to keep Debian in the name in some form.

As for your goal of making Debian the definitive base system for other
distributions, it is very noble and has my general support.  However,
I am skeptical that it can be achieved without a lot of effort and I
would not want to see that effort distract us from keeping Debian the
technically superior, reasonably openly developed system that it
currently is.

David