Re: Digital sponsorship of Debian Linux on Alpha (fwd)

I was thinking that if we sited the Alpha developer's system at i-connect,
we could make it inaccessable from any system but master.debian.org . One
way to do this would be to put it on its own small Ethernet to which only
it and "master" would be connected, use bogus IP numbers on that internal
network, and not set up a route so that the rest of the world could get
at it, and configure "master" to firewall against IP number changes on
that net. Then, you'd have to log in to "master" to get at the Alpha,
and since it would be isolated from the net, it could probably not do much
harm. We could even debug X clients by running the X-within-X server on
"master", though this is somewhat kludgy.

There will be other systems used in much the same way as above. MIPS
is coming (I have MIPS hardware that could be sent to i-connect and am
waiting for the kernel to improve).

	Thanks

	Bruce