Re: base disks and editors...

> OK, but what do I do with root.bin after I put it on the ZIP?  How
> does the install script get started if you're not using a boot or root
> disk directly?

I answered your other questions already, but I think I didn't understand
this one the first time. If you copy the boot floppy to the disk cartridge,
you will be using its own special version of /sbin/init . The kernel runs
/sbin/init at boot time, and init starts all other processes. This version
of init is part of my "tiny" Unix tool suite - 30 common Unix tools in one
37K executable. It will run /etc/rc and then start dinstall on the first
console and shell on the second console.

     Clinton isn't perfect, but I like him a whole lot more than Dole.

Bruce Perens AB6YM          Bruce@Pixar.com            http://www.hams.com/