Re: XFree86 3.2 is out, should we delay the release of Debian 1.2

Christoph Lameter:
> I think there is a trememdous speed of development and if debian could
> get monthly releases organized somehow then we will definitely stay ahead
> of the pack.

I don't think we can do one month per release. What we might do is
pipeline the releases, so that we always have stable, codefreeze,
and unstable. Keep things in codefreeze for one month, then move it
to stable move current unstable to codefreeze, and create a new
unstable.

However, I think that a release per month is too much on the
users, even if the developers can keep it up.  A release every
three months is better. I know that there is no need to upgrade
unless something is broken, but many people do upgrade to the
newest release. Linux in general has a reputation of being
chaotic, untested and unstable, and having a monthly release
doesn't help that.  I'd prefer to have releases a little less
often, if that means that things will work better.