Re: Debian release strategy

Hi all

On the release side,  I agree with those who recommend a two-month release
cycle,  with the first of the even numbered months being a hard release
date.  I also think that a release should not involve the creation of an
entire copy of the current stable tree,  but should mean that we create a
new 'blank' tree into which unstable packages get added as they get
updated.  Then it's easy to see what's been updated from the stable
release by looking in the unstable tree.  When the release date hits we
simply bering forward any unchanged packages from the previous stable
release into the current development release,  and create a new blank
tree.

--
Mark Shuttleworth
Thawte Consulting