Re: BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION

From: Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu>
> This is a shame.  I hope it's not because of recent events, but rather
> some more important concern.

It would stifle the project for me to take lifetime control of it.
It needs to have enough stability that it can survive the departure
of a leader. I'm attempting to get that set up. I'd also like to finish
Linux for Hams, and then I'd learn how to design RF circuits. I have
some communications projects I'm thinking about.

> That said, I fear that we might be about to take the first steps in
> killing Debian.  Perhaps my fears are groundless, simply due to the
> fact that I haven't spent enough time working in more strictly
> organized endeavors that A) worked well, and B) were still fun, but I
> really think think Debian has profitted immensely from the controlled
> anarchy that has represented it's development process until now.

Perhaps we can avoid rule-by-committee. One thing I know is that I do
far too much for the project to allow me to work on anything else, and
I am not willing to continue that way. Maybe I can deal with leadership
if I can unload some tasks like incorporation on to the board.

	Thanks

Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.