wn and WebStandard 3.0 Proposal

Some more experience with wn in regards to the proposal:

Maintaining the /usr/doc read-only is quite easy.  Replicating
the directory tree and creating a security access file in each
directory is all that is necessary.  No links to individual files
required.

Serving compressed html pages is also simple.  Only issue I see
here is the links within the pages.  Should they refer to
"name.html" or "name.html.gz".  The second is the easiest for wn
but I think it can handle the first as well.

All of this magic requires that users not disable the use of
commands.  The resulting directory database may also have to be
owned by a trusted user or group.  I believe I can work around
this with a cron script.

Bottom line: either version of the standard, 2.3 or 3.0, is
implementable in wn.

--- Jean Pierre
    wn debian package maintainer