Re: Official Debian CD decision

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

Some proposed additions, and some questions:

> 2. Debian will beta-test that ISO image with users before it is released.

	and for at least 2 weeks.

> 7. In addition to the fine free help you can find on debian-user, we will
>    establish a help-desk payable via 900 number or credit card. This
>    help desk will correspond with users via e-mail or telephone. Support
[...]
	Who will answer the phone/email ?

> 8. Debian will remain a non-profit organization. However, we will not pursue
>    IRS 501(c)3 status at this time. The reason for this is that it is difficult

	Isn't it 3c501? _(;

>    for a 501(c)3 organization to produce a product and collect donations from
>    people who sell that product without losing its tax status. At some future
>    date we may establish a 501(c)3 foundation to make grants to individual
>    developers for developing free software.

	This is Chinese for me since I'm not familiar at all with US
laws... Can anyone confirm this is equivalent (or not) to the French
"Association loi 1901" ?

	Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -