Re: election

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I am getting together the platforms I have received so far. There are 13
> candidates for 8 positions. I'll post the platforms this evening. If you
> haven't written one and intend to, please do it ASAP.
>
> Hey, who is running the election? I'll be mobile, but on email, all next
> week. Someone please volunteer.

How will the election work?  My guess is that all developers will
select their favorite 8 candidates and send mail to ... ?

The volunteer would then have some clever procmail rule
automatically count the votes and the results would be posted to
debian-private?  How will the vote counts be verified?  What will
the "official" voting period be (i.e. 24 hours, 48 hours)?

I'd be willing to set up a procmail rule that would grab messages
sent to me (somehow) with a keyword in the subject and a
formatted body.  Perhaps a voting form:

<candidate>:y
<candidate>:
<candidate>:y

Should there be a y count of exactly 8 in order to validate the
ballot?  Should these be pgpsigned to validate the sender is a
developer (I'll need an up to date key ring file)?  I could have
the mechanism set up in advance and approved prior to the
election if warranted.

Let me know.

Thanks

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.