Election

I'd like to hold the project leader election early in December, and have
the change-of-hands happen on New Years day. I probably _will_ run,
but I have not made my final decision. I definitely don't want to be
uncontested. Let's have some other candidates, please.

I would propose that we widen the "maintainer" designation beyond package
maintainers, to include all people who have a designated task for the
project and whom we have admitted to the private list. This would include
a few technical writers, webmasters, system managers, the treasurer, etc.
Language to define this would be welcome.

I would suggest that candidates declare themselves in early November, that
they design their platforms and campaign in November, that we hold the vote
early in December, and that most of December be used for transition of the
old guard to the new.

Does this sound OK, and does anyone have a problem with the time table?

	Thanks

Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   NEW PHONE NUMBER: 510-620-3502