Re: Debian testing organization: a proposal (long)

>Without a strong netscape, the "network computer" coalition would be
>severely weakened.  Also, netscape is a very strong proponent of
>standards-based computing, unlike microsoft.
The code provided by netscape does not conform to the standard.

This is where users, like myself, are having problems... users like
myself, that don't have the *popular* graphics systems (8 or 16 bits).
If it was conformant to the standard, it shouldn't matter to the
application what graphics I'm using, only that it is running in an
X Windows environment.

>Netscape on linux counts in the survey's talling MSIE vs. netscape
>users, because the surveys just inspect information returned by the
>browser to the server; this is one time polls aren't slanted against
>linux for being non-commercial.
If this is the case... then it shouldn´t be a problem to get Netscape
to support GNU/Linux.  At the moment, they don't... it says so clearly
in their distributions sites, that the distribution for GNU/Linux is
_not_ supported.  This is most likely because so many users at this
end, are running hardware that are _low_ end graphics, which they
don't want to spend time with (this is my guess)... which sounds very
much like an M$ application to me.

Web browsing was here, long before MSIE was... so the reality is quite
the opposite of what you suggested.  MSIE is assisting Windows based
computers in cutting a piece out of our cake... and the reason for that
are applications like Netscape.  Applications that _suggests_ that you
buy yourself an Indy to browse the web...

Well, I love the Indy... and I'd probably buy it if I could afford to :-)