Re: Why not to use CVS

On 23 Feb 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Yes, but the solution does not have to be a central CVS
>  repository (please correct me if that is not what you meant). Bruce
>  has already voiced what were my concerns with a central CVS
>  repository as well.

I'm in unfamiliar territory here so if you say there are better ways than
CVS I'll take your word for it.  My understanding is CVS could work
though.

> 	Please don't change the dynamics of the new package mechanism,
>  at least not until we are sure about basics like the throughput of
>  the testing system (I am concerned about a major bottleneck here).

I'll concede this is a big flaw in my suggestion.  But not a showstopper I
think.

> 	Should this not be being discussed on debian-devel?

Sorry you're right.  Further replies will be to debian-devel.

-- Jaldhar