Re: IMPORTANT: Debian QA Group Organisation Draft.

Hi,

	This is quite well done. I like most of this proposal. The
 only issue I have is with the delays bit, especially within the
 freeze period; many developers, being volunteers, may not be able to
 meet the time requirements; and I guess interim uploads are in
 order. However, this should not automatically mean that the package
 is now orphaned or maintained the the QA group.

	However, as is the case currently with non-maintainer uploads,
 the maintainer is ultimately responsible for the package (and we
 should _not_ dilute this responsibility), and thus should have a
 final say in what goes in the package (within reason, of course).

	I guess there should be a protocol about divesting a
 maintainers of their packages, but that does not come under the scope
 of the QA group (they may provide input, but they shouldn't have the
 authority).

	If there is disagreement between the QA group and the
 maintainer, the resolution should be as in the case of disagreements
 between bug reporter and maintainer -- and use  the debian-devel as a
 resolution forum.

	Is the QA group the same as the testing group? If so, the
 testers may not necessarily be software experts.

	manoj, scared of the bug police
--
 It's currently a problem of access to gigabits through
 punybaud. Licklider