Re: A solution?

we need people, that feel responsible for one part of debian, lets say
mailing-lists, quality assurance, ftp server, finding-old-packages and
converting etc.

and theese people should have the power to do that and make decisions.

we need a bod, as so theese people have the position to do what they
want, and to coordinate debian.

so, someone should be in the bod, because she is taking over some part
and doing such a work, not because we need bod.

bod officers should have a final decision.
we can send some comments to him, but we will not flame. we will accept
his decision, even if we feel, that it's the wrong decision.

having a bod means : i will respect his decision, and even if i feel
that it's wrong, i will accept it. time will proof it right or wrong,
and if its a wrong decision, he will see it and revert it. discussiong
whether it might be wrong, is not ours, so we will not do that.

we need people, that are sying : "hey, i can do xxx", and we should let
them do it, and respect their decision. we don't need hunderts of
postings, discussing that xxx has to be done, but no one does it.

so:

if you think, that something needs to be done for debian :
step forward, say what you are willing to do.  if there are others, that
want to do the same thing - work with them together and coordinate the
thing as a group. start working on your project.

that's what debian needs, IMO. people that are taking on some work and
doing something. and not endless discussions, flames or whatever.

so: who are you and what are you doing. give us others developers some
feedback, maybe we can help you. and if someone is not letting you do
your job, we might think of better doing debian without this guy.

regards andreas