Re: prototype questions for developer vote

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)  wrote on 26.03.97 in <m0wA0Gf-00Idf6C@golem.pixar.com>:

> 8.  A. The project should consist of a core group of about 25 people, and
>        a much larger group who develop non-essential packages.
>
>     B. There should be no core group.

In between, there could be a point similar to "The project shall take
extra pains to make sure that important packages ("standard" and better)
work well together, but not via a separate group."

> 9.  A. The project should retain its dedication to free software only in
>        the "core" part of Debian.
>
>     B. The project should concentrate on having as many programs as
>        possible in the "core" part of Debian, even if it means accepting
>        non-free software that we sign a contract to distribute.

Again, I miss an "in between" point, approximately describing the previous
practice - or maybe you meant that with the first point, and I'm only
confused because of the earlier "split and one part is free-only" mail?

Something like "non-free is fine, as long as it's clearly separate". I
fear my English is not good enough for this one.

MfG Kai