Re: how did this happen?

Since I have often questioned upgrades after frozen, I need to defend
myself.

Guy discovered the automake problem, using /bin/perl rather than
/usr/bin/perl.  It took a couple of days for the bug to show up at the
US web site.  The maintainer list mentioned a bug, but the link to the
bug description didn't work.  /bin/perl did exist on my pure bo
system, installed with disks from February, and packages from May.

Should there be a more formal process for pleading to have a package
changed in frozen?  If my upgrade were refused, would I be informed?

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin@aimnet.com