What an embarrassment

Bruce:

Manoj Srivastava, Richard G. Roberto and Christopher George Rhodes expressed
concerns similar to mine.

Bruce Perens and Craig Sanders are not listening to those concerns.

Brian Candler is somehow in the middle, although closer to Craig's ideas.

I don't see it as "me against the world" as you try to put it.

> I figured this might happen. You've been sending an awful lot of material to
> debian-admintool. Much of it attempts to push the group in directions they

Craig Sanders has sent more messages than I. I just followed up on his
wrong assumptions.

> don't want to go, and your arguments have been less than convincing.

They are convincing to people who listen.

> One important lesson I've learned in leading a group of volunteers is that
> I can only lead where they want to follow.

Who is "they" in this context? Bruce and Craig?

> I have a duty to the group to get the admintool project done. I try my very
> best to be nice to everyone while doing that, and I want the project to be that
> way as a whole, but getting the job done has a higher priority than pleasing
> every last individual.

Are you trying to say that "you are the boss" and it will be done as you
want?

> In this case, I've done my best to get some of your ideas into the project,
> and it hasn't been enough. As you see things aren't going your way, your
> postings get more heated, and larger. A good number of people have simply
> become sick of reading them.

Excuse me, but it is me who is suffering abuse from other developers.
I did not insult anyone. I was insulted.

> My dignity suffers a whole lot in my daily participation on the Debian
> mailing lists. I shrug it off, for the most part, for the good of the project.
> I enforce rules of discourse on the mailing lists, but I will not let you
> manipulate me through those rules to get your way.

That is a clear case of double standards.

> If you have the emotional strength to do it, I'd advise you to continue
> participating in the admintool development, but in a lower-key manner. Take
> a look at where the others want to go, and don't attempt to force them to
> accept your ideas if they don't agree with them after a simple argument.

I honestly am trying to help make Debian the best system. And I think that
goal takes precedence over arguments based on "too much personality".
I am discussing ideas, I don't mind whose ideas they are.

> If your dignity won't allow you to continue participating, I will be sorry
> to see you go.

I am protesting being treated as "second class" just because you don't like me.
I am not going to keep silent.

It would be a shame for the whole group to do otherwise.

Thanks,
	Fernando