Re: contrib/non-free policy

Hi,
>>"Shaya" == Shaya Potter <spotter@itd.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

Shaya> So, why not create a companion CD image for the CD companies to
Shaya> use, but not have the name "official" on it.  Let them charge a
Shaya> dollar or 2 extra for it, and have it as a package deal.  "Get
Shaya> the 2 CD Official Debian set, plus their contrib section on CD
Shaya> for $5-6 dollers."

	I think that most CD companies can write their own CD's (why
 are they in business otherwise?), and we should not be required to
 put in this effort for non-free software. Is it not enough that we
 maintain the packages and provide the debs on the ftp site? I
 understand setting up Official CD's to distribute Debian, but to set
 up CD's for things not part of Debian and not get paid for it?

	manoj

--
 "I'm a great housekeeper.  I get devorced.  I keep the house". Zsa
 Zsa Gabor