Re: Final post to debian-private

One issue here -- while being a Debian developer, I simply do not have
time to participate in (or even read!) all the threads in debian-devel
and debian-private.  I try to read those that directly affect my work.

The last time I looked, the website has no index of all the lists out
there.  It mentions debian-user and maybe debian-devel.  But there is
no mention of things like debian-i18n, etc.

Without a master index out there, this list-spliting is not going to
work for me.  Without knowing what lists are out there, I won't know
which ones to subscribe to.

Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:

> Bruce Perens <bruce@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I beg to differ. We've been discussing an issue that could cause one or
> > more of the CD manufacturers a good deal of grief. When these guys are
> > charging $4 for two CDs, they are hardly making a profit. We owe them the
> > consideration of handing the matter quietly.
>
> Shouldn't we make the rationale for our decisions public if people may
> be hurt by the results?
>
> > Debian-devel has become too noisy of late - I don't see how we can
> > hold a serious discussion there. Maybe list-splitting will help.
>
> I doubt it.  Most of the split off lists don't have any traffic at
> all.  A threaded mailreader (like GNUS) helps a alot.
>

> Guy
>

> --

John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Do YOU need more Speed, Power, and Reliability?
jgoerzen@complete.org | Check out http://www.debian.org NOW!
Notice: You may purchase the right to send me unsolicited commercial e-mail
("spam") for the fee of $500 (USD) per message.  Billing can be either
pre-arranged or can occur automatically after the reception of a spam.
Failure to pay will be treated in accordance to US Code, title 47, sec. 227,
which allows unsolicited e-mail to be punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss or $500, whichever is greater, per violation.  Sending spam
to me without payment constitutes unauthorized access to my mail daemon,
which is in violation of federal law.