Re: package checksums on "master"?

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> debian.novare.net appears to have had some bad ram for a few days, and at
> least one filesystem problem resulted. Is there a way for us to verify
> the package checksums of the archive? At the very least, we could verify
> the stable archive against a CD.

If you are asking tp verify the archives of the .deb files against a
Packages.gz file then I think I could whip up a quick program based on
some of the Deity things (~50 lines?). This would not take long, we have
all the code in place to parse, md5 and then compare based on the package
file.  Assuming the Packages.gz has not been corrupted this should verify
every .deb..

Jim Pick has a collection of md5sums for the actual contents of the .deb's
which should allow everything on master to be checked out.

Jason