Re: Election

Bruce Perens writes:
 > 	Votes counted December 6, and winner is declared.
 > 	Is it OK for Tim Sailer to count them, or should we have an
 > 	outsider (some respected non-debian person) do it?

Sorry to ask that, but it's quite late that I subscribed to
debian-private, and I must have missed anything involving Tim
Sailer. In order to answer this question, I'd suggest to introduce him
shortly, in order to solve this...

Richard Braakman writes:
 > What happens if people join during the voting process?  I doubt that
 > someone who joins the project on December 5th will be qualified to
 > vote on December 6th.  The number of votes involved might be too small
 > to worry about, though.  We could leave it up to their own judgement.

Maybe this will sound paranoid, but if effectively no policy on this
is decided right now, it would be possible to any external group to
come in by massive subscription of new developers to shift the
vote. Not that I have any real suspicion of such a putsch, I mention
this only for completeness...

--
Yann Dirson  <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>        | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email: <ydirson@a2points.com>        |     support Debian GNU/Linux: