Re: Deity project schedule problems

Hi,
>>"Andreas" == Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:

Andreas> i think it's you, who does not understand how free software
Andreas> works. you cannot push free developers, you have no might to
Andreas> force them to do anything. all you can do is offer help, be
Andreas> friendly, ask politly. with anything else, other will loose
Andreas> the fund they have with free software, and they will stop
Andreas> creating free software.

	True. But the converse is true as well: ig the free software
 developer is doing something you do not like, you do not have to use
 the software.

	Running a project like Debian requires co-operation and
 co-ordination. Without it, everything decays into a morass of
 conflicting efforts.

	If a part of the project, or, in this case, a third party
 project, professes it is free of all constraints from the project at
 large, and will do as it pleases without any oversight, then the
 spirit of co-ordination begins to break down.

	Unless we take steps to ensure greater co-ordination, the
 project may break down. This is not fascism. This is mere pragmatic
 co-operation to ensure group survival.

	manoj
 Peace, Love, and hacking
--
 Dave Barry Your digestive system is your body's Fun House, whereby
 food goes on a long, dark, scary ride, taking all kinds of unexpected