Re: giving money to gnome

> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 00:15:11 +1100 Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org)
> wrote:
>
> > Really? I wouldn't be so sure. Andreas said he will walk off if we do
> > give the money to the GNOME project. People have some strong
> > convictions -- Bruce, Ian etc have shown some strong convictions about
> > free software, and I doubt don't for a minute that people would walk
> > off if our DFSG principles are compromised.
>
> Let him go.
> This may be brutal, but I find using one's participation in the
> project
> as a way to put pressure on others is shameful.
> Andreas, swallow your pride (as many of us already did, and will do
> again)
> and reconsider your statement.

Excuse me, Phil, but I believe it is a little arrogant to decide that our
project can do without someone because of his/her opinion.

FYI, (read closer next time) he wasn't trying to pressure us by using his
participation.  He was simply expressing his opinion.  We all the hell do,
why can't he!

And, I think we need to make an agreement at Debian that we can _all_ have
our _own_ opinions concerning these different things and that we can share
them when we feel nessacary.  His message was reasonable and to the point.
No flowery language, no BS -- just what he thought.

People, please grow up.

			Paul J Thompson