Re: giving money to gnome

> This attitude is kind of immature. The KDE project is free to choose
> whatever toolkit they want. On the other side they can't expect
> support from organizations like Debian or the FSF, if their decision
> goes against Debian's principles. It's part of the freedom that Debian
> and the FSF have. The same freedom that the KDE project used to choose
> their toolkit. *They* made a choice and must live with it now, as
> mature persons do.

the point is :
who are we, that we decice that our principles are correct, and that
they are wrong ? did you ever listen to their opinion ?

and is is necessary to flame/insult/whatever the kde people ?
everyone knows, that we have different opinions. that's it.
no need to write mails or post somewhere, again and again.
doing so is an insult.

btw i read much less from the kde people, and i never read any direct
attack from kde about debian. they are not happy about what we are doing
(angry might be a better word sometimes), but i didn't read anything bad
about debian from their side. but there were lots of bad comments about
kde from debian people like bruce.

shouldn't we think about this ?
the qt/kde topic was discussed long ago, and there is nothing new to
say. all what is left is an email battle, a flame war, and debian/bruce
is the last one to fight it.

the point is, he should stop now, or at least post as "bruce perens" and
not "bruce perens, debian project leader".

andreas