Re: giving money to gnome

> agreed. We should fight Troll, not KDE.

> Then we should ask gtk people to use the money _also_ to create a QT
> replacement based on gtk. This would really make the difference.

> In fact, I think that KDE people fell in Troll's trap; now they need our
> help, not our grimaces. Those developers were stolen from the free
> community, and are now on the border: we should really pull them on our
> side, not push them with kicks.

i agree 100%.

debian is known for postings that sound like
"look at kde : they use non-free software, that costs more than 1000 $ !
 use gnome ! it's free !"

we could be known for
"kde is producing good software ! lets help them to create a free
 foundation, because they currently use a non-free library."

andreas