Re: [Fwd: is kde enough free?]

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > About this party on debian-private,
> > I am taking the part of kde against qt, but I have a question.
> > How free is kde?
> > Why is in non-free instead of contrib?
>
> the beta1 had nearly no copyright/licence notes, so i moved it to
> non-free. this and two mails were enough soft pressure :
> the next release should have valid copyright and licence notes.
> (there is maybe one stupid non-free part somewhere - i will check the
> beta 2 release (tomorrow released) with my notes, and can say more than.
> but this will only affect kdenetwork, not the other kde* packages.

It should be noted that the KDE developers I spoke with regarded this
as a deliberate slight by Debian, despite the fact that NOT having
the licenses in place is quite clearly a breach of Troll's
licensing conditions (they have to be GPL, and no license != GPL).

There appears to be a lot of conspiracy theories from some KDE folks
about both Debian and Redhat.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #         Linux versus Windows is a